PREPARING THE MANUSCRIPT
1. Edit the manuscript for grammar, punctuation and spelling. Rewrite where necessary, change up sentence length, frequent use of words, etc. Reread.
2. Check the mechanics of the manuscript (formatting).
3. Write and edit the cutlines for the transparencies and black and white photographs. Label and number the slides. Place slides in plastic sleeves.
4. Xerox copy of manuscript and cutlines.
5. Write the cover letter.
6. Enclose a return post card to you.
7. Package and prepare the manuscript, and consider the impact it will make on the editor.